Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Meet the San Diego Mama Behind...

I was just introduced to the lovely mama behind Photography by Lisa K. She takes such beautiful photographs of children, mamas-to-be and families. And, since she has lived in San Diego for awhile she has some fun insights to share about our beautiful city!

Meet Lisa K!


How long have you lived here?
I have lived in San Diego for the past 11 years. We moved here from Pennsylvania.

Why did you start your business?
When we moved here I had the opportunity to start in a new direction. I had always bee interested in Photography and took a class, then another one and before you knew it I have gone through the certificate program at Palomar. I would ask people if I could photograph them and then people started asking me if I could photograph their family etc. I decided I liked the idea of being my own boss, keeping my own hours and the flexibility to be home and available to help at school when my twins were younger. Now I have a residential studio and an employee.

What is your favorite thing about writing running your business?
I enjoy the flexibility of time. I like being responsible for the growth of the business. I like the variety of jobs that come to us. I love watching my new parents and their babies grow and change. I love that people allow me to be a part of their lives to photograph their loved ones.

What is your all-time favorite thing about living in San Diego?
The beautiful scenery. When I’m having a rough day, sometimes I just drive towards the beach and when I see the beauty there it gives me a better perspective and a fresh outlook. We are blessed to have such a resource at our fingertips.

Where is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
Outside! I love the porch at PF Chang’s and I love strolling the Gaslamp and reading the menus and then deciding on a place. And taking a picnic to the beach at sunset.

Where is your favorite place to go with your child/children in San Diego?
Tent camping in the mountains, desert or at the beach. And Geo cashing around the county.

Where is your favorite place to go without your child (with your husband or girlfriends)?
We love to go wine tasting at the many vineyards here in the county.

Any insider San Diego secrets to share?
Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad has the best sausages and brats.
Great Canyon Hike from The PQ canyon East under I -15 and continues eastward through Sabre springs towards Poway.

No comments: