Wednesday, November 5, 2008
My personal life is getting crazier by the minute, so I've decided that I need to take a break and focus on my family.
I have had so much fun with this blog and I have enjoyed getting to know so many wonderful moms in San Diego.
Thank you for reading each day...it's been a pleasure!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Since the election is next week, I need to finish doing my research on all the issues and candidates...I'll be checking out the Smart Voter Guide for San Diego. Take a look for yourself!
Basically the guide gives the details for every candidate and issue on the ballot.
And, if you want to vote on Tuesday, but don't have anyone to watch the kids...then we have the solution for you! SanDiegoMama and Sittercity.com teamed up to offer discounted babysitting on Election Day...read more here!
Cakies is my newest favorite blog to read...what a creative gal, and mama of 2.
Check out the great article on SanDiegoMama.com about bringing the outside in...just in time for fall...from scrapbooker and crafter extraordinaire, Emily Falconbridge.
And, I'll be back next week with my last "You Renewed" post and some more fun stuff...especially with the holidays coming. Hopefully our weather will cool down!
See you next week!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Bring a canned food donation and $5 and receive a 5x7 portrait of your child with or without costume(one child per portrait).All canned food collected will be donated to the San Diego Food Bank.
Two dates and locations to choose from.
Lola Butter Children's Boutique
Saturday, October 25th from
760-70-1313 | www.lolabutter.com
Childish Couture Children's Boutique
Friday, October 31st from
760-230-6000 | www.childishcouture.com
Also, join us for Trick or Treating from at the
Sign up at Lola Butter or Childish Couture to reserve your spot!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
|The Polka Dot Ghost|
|Date:|| Wed. 10-22 - Sat. 10- 25|
|Location:||Balboa Park Puppet Theater|
|Tommy the Ghost has a biiiiiig problem and needs your help getting ready for the Halloween night. Witches, a dragon and ghosts will make this the perfect show for all ages.|
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Eating lean protein is the focus this week. So that means, things like chicken, turkey, black beans and chickpeas. I'll be making some homemade black beans and having some yummy hummus this week. If anyone has a good homemade hummus recipe...I'd love to have it!
This week the Move section discusses great ways to help your family stay active. Here are is a great list provided in the booklet:
10 Tips to Activate Your Family
1. Schedule physical activity throughout the week, even if it’s just walking the dog around the
block or taking the family for a walk on the beach.
2. Select different activities for the family each week, such as playing catch or having a game
night with an active game like charades.
3. For each family member post a gold star next to daily activities completed and display it on
the refrigerator -- great motivational tool.
4. Be sure to select activities that suit your family’s age and preferences, for example a two-hour
mountain hike may be too long for children under 12.
5. Enjoy games that make everyone feel successful such as Twister or miniature golf.
6. Designate indoor and outdoor play areas where rolling, climbing, jumping and tumbling
7. Buy toys or equipment that promote physical activity, such as jump ropes and chalk to draw
with on the sidewalk.
8. Enroll your family in fitness-oriented activities, such as karate, dance or soccer.
9. Limit time spent watching TV programs or playing computer/video games.
10. Use physical activity rather than food as a reward. For example, if everyone cleans the house,
the family will go in-line skating together.
The think section teaches you how to control your portions. I have to admit that while I think about whether my food is healthy or not, I NEVER focus on the amount of food I eat. Serving sizes are always WAY less than I expect. So, this week I plan on taking the time to plan my portions! The You Renewed Booklet gives great visual examples of correct portions.
If you haven't puchased your copy the "You Renewed" booklet from Henrys Farmers Market yet...go get one...its only $1.00!