Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Meet the San Diego Mama Behind...

While the woman behind Stills by Hill isn't a Mama at the moment, she sure knows how to beautifully capture a mom's most precious possessions with her camera! Take a look at her extensive photography portfolio...

Meet Hillary - the woman behind Stills by Hill!

How long have you lived here?
I have lived in San Diego for 21 years. I was born in LA and moved to San Diego when I was 4. I jumped around from San Diego to LA for a few years but discovered I wanted to be close to my family

Why did you start your business?
I got my business name from my Uncle who got me into photography when I was about 8. I then took pictures of family and friends and really got into it when my oldest niece, now 9, was born. I went full time with my business this year and it’s been a blessing.

What is your favorite thing about writing running your business?
I love meeting the different people…helping them document their memories and giving them a small piece of something they can look back on in many years and pass down and say, “I did that!”

What is your all-time favorite thing about living in San Diego?
All my family is here… and my friends and family out of town are not THAT far away. We have such great freeway access to anywhere really… beach or mountains. We also have great shooting locations!

Where is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
How to choose? Depends what I am in the mood for. Traditional family feast: DZ Akins… we’ve been going there for ever. Vegetarian meal: Jyoti Bihanga (sp?) in Normal Heights. Quick meal: Trader Joes premade items or Submarina.

Where is your favorite place to go with your child/children in San Diego?
I only have nieces as of now. I take them to my house to play or swim.

Where is your favorite place to go without your child (with your husband or girlfriends)?
We don’t go out much…my friends and I or my husband and I just really go out to eat or sit at a coffee house and talk

Any insider
San Diego secrets to share? Shopping tips, eating tips, driving tips, etc….
Learn to drive in the rain people! Find great restaurants by referrals or try something only with an A rating!

No comments: