Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Meet the San Diego Mama Behind....


Mamas love to save money...but are often too busy to find the best deals...that's where San Diego Bargain Mama comes in. Since she is a San Diego Mama herself, Stacey knows exactly what kind of deals and steals we're looking for to help feed, clothe, and entertain our families.

Stacey describes her website as a "one-stop resource for parents who are looking for affordable, kid-friendly activities and great bargains, both online and in town."

So, head on over to SanDiegoBargainMama.com and sign up for her free newsletter, or check our her blog. Let's start saving money!

Meet San Diego Bargain Mama - Stacey!

1. How long have you lived here?
I have lived here for 12 years now (from
Los Angeles).

2. Why did you start your business?
In a nutshell, I wanted to contribute financially to the household, but not have to leave it to do so! I always have wanted to have my own business, but doing so became even more attractive as a parent. As a stay-at-home mom I can be with the kids by day, and work on the business around their schedules.

3. What is your most favorite thing about writing/running your business?
I marvel at the enthusiasm, devotion and discipline of entrepreneurial moms who manage to build their dream jobs, yet still prioritize the most important job in the world. I have gotten to know some amazing ladies and moms who have very inspirational stories, and their passion for what they are doing in their businesses is infectious!

4. What is your all-time favorite thing about living in San Diego?
I love the total package: a scenic paradise, with great weather and air quality and a fabulous, diverse community!

5. Where is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
For sushi: Nobu in
Solana Beach, and for Mexican: Fidel’s in Carlsbad!

6. Where is your favorite place to go with your children in San Diego?
Petco Park for an afternoon Padre’s game, then dining downtown or at Seaport Village can’t be beat. Well, then again, a nice day at one of our gorgeous beaches is right up there!

7. Where is your favorite place to go with your girlfriends?
I have always loved hanging out at the Del Mar Plaza. Other favorites are the North County Repertory Theatre, the Carlsbad Premium Outlet, and The Belly Up Tavern in
Solana Beach. If we have our kids with us it’s the beach, Legoland, or Quail Botanical Gardens in Encinitas.

8. Any insider San Diego secrets to share?
Travel Tips: Being that there is so much to explore in San Diego I went online to get the nitty-gritty of cool spots and hang-outs in San Diego. Also, I was in search of fun excursions and well-kept secrets of San Diego. I came across http://www.sdtraveltips.com/ and I have been hooked ever since I discovered that site!

Shopping Tips: I discovered that online shopping could be pretty darned convenient for families with children, especially little ones! Also, I became very motivated to compile sales events in town and online, then share them in the form of SDBM Newsletter and Bargain Alerts, which anyone can subscribe to for free through http://www.sandiegobargainmama.com/ . Parents have the opportunity to share their deals and steals, and SDBM will fill them in with the dates, times, special events, and details for cost-effective shopping events and opportunities in San Diego and online.

Dining Tips: Since the SDBM site caters to “moms who love to find deals”, we plan to make sure to share family-friendly dining information about how to save substantially when eating out with kids. For example, Tuesdays are known for kids-eat-for-free opportunities, and we all know how valuable that can be! Also, with just a few moments of time online, parents sign up family members for free meals and gift certificates by joining a multitude of birthday clubs in popular restaurant and store chains all over San Diego! And, there is more!

Driving Tips: Oh yes! We check http://www.traffic.com/ before taking a road trip. Knowing what to expect traffic-wise on the San Diego freeways is a huge stress-relief, as then we are able to plan our schedule accordingly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I recently found your website by chance (stumbleupon).
I have book marked it for later!

My web site Intermec CK31

Anonymous said...

Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my weblog thus i got here to return the desire?
.I am trying to in finding things to enhance my website!
I suppose its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!
!

Feel free to visit my blog post: bar code printers