Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meet The San Diego Mama Behind...

Cula Parker is a local Stampin'Up Demonstrator. She definitely knows her way around a craft room, can create cute hand-stamped cards in mere seconds, and is a multi-tasking mama.

Meet Cula...and check back tomorrow when I reveal some of her favorite Halloween card designs!

How long have you lived here?
I was born and raised in San Diego and moved away in 2001 and moved back in 2003 and I am here to stay.

Why did you start your business?
I was started purchasing Stampin’ Up! Products in 2004 and found myself spending lots of money, I thought I’d sign up to be a Demonstrator to help support my addiction with Stamping.

What is your favorite thing about writing running your business?
I feel so completely blessed to have so many great roles in my life....wife, mother, sister, and teacher and along with all those roles I'm also very excited to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. I truly LOVE what I do!!! I get to stamp and earn money!! Who wouldn't love that!! I am passionate about all the roles in my life and keeping them all in balance. I love that part of Stampin' Up!'s goals is also to help keep all these things in balance too! How many bosses do you know that want you to spend time doing what you love with the people you love!!!

I get a tremendous amount of satisfaction teaching someone who has never stamped before and watching them fall in love with stamping, just like I did. I love teaching and stretching experienced stampers and helping them grow in this incredible craft and all the while always pushing myself to learn more and bring the best of myself and stamping to those around me.

What is your all-time favorite thing about living in San Diego?
The diversity of its people and their cultures.

Where is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
My two favorites are The Cheesecake Factory and Claim Jumper’s

Where is your favorite place to go with your child/children in San Diego?
Sea World. It has something for every member of our Family. Seaport Village is also a family favorite.

Where is your favorite place to go without your child (with your husband or girlfriends)?
My Husband and I share a love of desserts. Right now our favorite places to go together for an evening date are Heaven Sent Desserts in North Park and Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego. If we have an afternoon date you’ll most likely find us in Ramona at the Ramona CafĂ© enjoying their Famous Chicken Cordon Blue and their ABC Omelet.

Any insider San Diego secrets to share?
ur favorite place to shop is the Outdoor mall in Otay Ranch. It’s a great family place and makes for a great shopping experience. Our all-time favorite places to eat are the obscure little places that have been in San Diego for decades. Our favorite choice to Mexican Food is El Indio on India St. in San Diego. Our favorite choice for Chinese is Peking’s on University in North Park.

No comments: