Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Meet The San Diego Mama Behind...


Mom & photographer Gina Geigley just moved back to San Diego and is ready to take your photograph! Having a baby? Want a family portrait taken? Getting married? Then you need to talk to Gina. Check out the beautiful photography in her gallery. This Mama sure knows how to capture a moment in time!

Meet Gina!

How long have you lived here?
Well, my husband is in the Navy, and we lived here previously from 2000-2003, my oldest child was born here. We moved back about a month ago, and plan to stay forever!!

Why did you start your business?
Photography has always been a passion for me. I was always the one with the camera where ever I went. It wasn’t until I had my children, that I realized that I wanted to capture every little thing about them on “film” and hold onto it forever! I didn’t decide to turn my passion into a business until my 2nd child was born, was only a month and we had a horrid experience at a chain photographer. I knew I could do better, and so set into motion
Gina Geigley Photography! I want to help other families capture the preciousness and spirit of their children…not just their smile.

What is your favorite thing about running your business?
I make my own rules! I don’t have to “call in sick” if I am having a bad day, and I can be there for anything and everything that my kids need me for!

What is your all-time favorite thing about living in San Diego?
There is always, always, always something to do!! And of course the weather!

Where is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
Keiserhoff, a little German restaurant in
OB

Where is your favorite place to go with your children in San Diego?
They would drag me to the beach everyday if I let them! So, for them, the beach.

Where is your favorite place to go without your child (with your husband or girlfriends)?
ANY scrapbook store!! Just some ME time to do one of my favorite hobbies!

Any insider San Diego secrets to share?
One thing I always like to do when we move to a
new city (or even did it in our hometown), it take a tour…yes, one of those cheesy tourist tours of the city. You will be amazed at what you learn! Plus, it also gives your children a chance to learn about the city too! We plan to take ours on the duck tour soon. As well, get out of your car and WALK around…everyday I am amazed at what I find and see just by walking or riding our bikes around. You miss too much just zooming around in your car (and the GAS $$!)….slow down and take a walk…this city is PERFECT for it!!

No comments: